The sessions typically cover the following agenda:
- 9.00am Welcome and Overview of Thread Together
- 9.30am Sorting, Picking and Packing orders
- 11.00am Break to hear some impact stories / nibbles
- 11.30am Continue with volunteering activities
- 12.30pm Farewell
Overview of Thread Together
Presentation by a member of the Thread Together team including facts and figures, an eye opener into fashion waste and the sadly growing need for clothing in our community.
Orientation and induction presentation which includes safety content (e.g. lifting, location of exits, evacuation process etc.)
Activity: Sorting, picking & Packing
There are two key volunteering activities:
1) Main Warehouse – Sorting: Clothing donations from our Fashion Partners are sorted into product categories and sizes.
Tasks typically involve unpacking boxes and then sorted into Thread Together cartons (may include opening pre-cut box lids, unpacking and capturing details of items).
2) Packing area – Order Fulfilment: Orders placed online are picked and carefully packed.
Tasks typically involve selecting clothing orders from the day’s list and fulfilling them by picking the items from the pick bays and packing the items in boxes ready for Toll collection.
Thread Together will share examples of the differences that this service and by association, the volunteers, are making to the many vulnerable people in our community.
Storytelling is often provided by a beneficiary of our service or one of our charity partners.